Hittygirls Swap Policies
For Swappers and Swap Leaders
Swap Policies for the Hittygirls Swapper
With the increased number of swaps on Hittygirls, our online Hitty Doll Club, the moderators thought it would be a good idea to let potential swappers know what is expected of them as a swapper. You probably already know most of this, but it never hurts to refresh your memory.
IMPORTANT: Swappers must add their names and mailing address to the Swaps and Challkenges Database at hittygirls at Groups.io before signing up for a swap.
4. Pay close attention to deadlines. Mail at the
deadline, to ensure timely delivery. Contact your Swap Leader if ‘life interferes’ and you
may be a bit late. We understand that the best laid
plans….etc. So, if something comes up and you will not be able
to mail on time, first, let your Swap Leader know, and second, let your
swap partner know, too.
6. Contact your Swap Leader if there is a question.
The Swap Leaders are officially running the swap for hittygirls, and
their contact info will be on the swap page.
Q. What happens if I don’t get my swap sent out on time?
Q. What if I can’t finish the swap?
Q. What if I send my swap on time, but my Swap Partner
doesn’t send me one?
Q. What if my Swap Partner never acknowledges getting
Good Swapping Practices
1. One or 2 Extras are allowed as indicated in each swap unless prohibited. As long as any extras included in the swap did not exceed any specified spending limit, they are allowed. An extra can be labelled as a PIF, and is a good way for someone to save mailing costs by sending both in the same package.
2. Report Swap Arrivals. When a swapper sends out a swap, he/she is always anxious to make sure it got there on time, and that it was ‘ok’. So, when you get your swap, let the swapper know right away. Please send a message to the group, describing your gift and thanking your partner!
3. Add a photo to the proper photo album at Hittygirls at Groups.io. It must be labeled "from--to--" on the picture, and the name of the swap. It's always a good idea to take a photo of the swap you made before you send it, so it can be added by you to the album if your swap partner does not.
4. Ask Questions! If you do not completely understand the swap requirements, make sure you ask your Swap Leader for clarification. It is ok to ask on the group, but remember—the Swap Leader has the final say. It is their swap, and they know how they want it run.5. Respect the swap spending limit if applicable. Swap leaders sometimes cap the amount of money a swapper should spend on the swap. For instance, if the limit is five dollars, then this means you are not allowed to spend more than five dollars. Think of this as a challenge to get the most from your money, and to be creative. Many people cannot afford to go ‘all out’ and spend extravagantly, and feel uncomfortable if their partners spend over the limit, while they cannot.
|Swap Policies for the
Hittygirls Swap Leaders
The Swap Leader is—this is a person who has asked or been asked to run a Hittygirls' sponsored swap. This is not someone who asks to run their own private swaps. Private swaps are allowed. They do not fall under Hittygirls mandate, although they are expected to follow Hittygirls policies. Hittygirls Owner and Moderators have no responsibility for private swaps. Private Swaps may be posted on hittygirls.com, but are always separate from the sponsored swaps.
If you want to run one of our official swaps, then you must agree to all of the rules listed below. If you do not agree with them, you will not be considered for a Swap Leader.
1. When you ask or are asked to be a Swap Leader, you will be given the general idea for the swap. You can then formulate your ideas as to deadlines, how the swap should run, etc. These ideas will be sent to the Mods and approved. We may make no suggestions, or we may make suggestions based on our previous swap experiences. We try to keep this as fun and free as possible, and are open to suggestions and changes.
2. Always accept sign ups for a swap through the web page address on http://www.hittygirls.com and never through a message to the group. Because of the increased number of swaps and swappers, a sign-up sent to the group could be lost. Swap Leaders are not allowed to accept sign ups through the group (unless there is a good reason, such as, the swap page is not working and the webmaster is not available to fix it.). A web page will be provided for you with your contact email, or if you have a web site and wish to design your own, we will link to it.
3. Swap Leaders are responsible for questions or if there is a problem. Some swappers do not fulfill their swap obligations. Some swappers may not understand all of the swap guidelines. It is up to the Swap Leader to handle all problems or questions. You can always ask a Mod for help if a problem or question comes up and you are unsure how to proceed.
5. If someone fails to send a swap, the Swap Leaders assume responsibility. This means that if someone fails to send their swap out, you are responsible for contacting that person and doing all you can to rectify the situation. If the person does not comply, you need to notify a Mod to place them on the Banned Swappers List.
6. Banned Swappers List. We maintain a list of swappers who have not completed their obligations, and do not allow them to play again until they have done so. They are placed on our private Banned Swappers List. You will not be sent the banned swappers list. We will check the names.
7. When sending out the pre-deadline preliminary list of Swappers to the hittygirls IO group, NEVER send full names or ANY contact information. Please use first name and last initial.
8. Remember to notify your swappers that addresses can be found in the Swap and Challenge Database.
Question: What if someone fails to send out a swap on
time, but contacts me and explains, and says it will be done within the
Question: Why do I need to run the ideas past the Mods
if I am the Swap Leader?