Hittygirls Swap Policies
Swap Leaders and Swappers
Swap Policies for the Hittygirls Swapper
With the increased number of swaps on Hittygirls, our online Hitty Doll Club, Sara and I thought it would be a good idea to let potential swappers know what is expected of them as a swapper. You probably already know most of this stuff anyways, but it never hurts to refresh your memory.
IMPORTANT: Swappers must add their names to the Swappers Names Database at hittygirls at yahoogroups in order to swap.
4. We have a 'finish the swap, get a partner' way of swapping. Always notify your Swap Leader as soon as you are finished making your swap. You may not get a partner if you don't, as Leaders are under no obligation to track down errant swappers.
5. If there is someone you just do not want to swap with for personal reasons, you may request the Swap Leader not assign you that person, should they also sign up. Please do this when you sign up for the swap.
6. Pay close attention to deadlines. Mail at the
deadline, to ensure timely delivery. Contact
your Swap Leader if there is a problem.
8. Contact your Swap Leader if there is a question.
The Swap Leaders are officially running the swap for hittygirls, and
their contact info will be on the swap page.
Q. What if I can’t finish the swap?
Q. What if I send my swap on time, but my Swap Partner
doesn’t send me one?
Q. What if my Swap Partner never acknowledges getting
Good Swapping Practices
1. Respect the swap spending limit. Swap masters often cap the amount of money a swapper should spend on the swap. For instance, if the limit is five dollars, then this means you are not allowed to spend more than five dollars. Think of this as a challenge to get the most from your money, and to be creative. There is a reason for this. Many people just cannot afford to go ‘all out’ and spend extravagantly, and feel uncomfortable if their partners spend over the limit, while they do not.
2. Extras are allowed as indicated in each swap. As long as the extras included in the swap did not exceed the spending limit, they are allowed.
3. Report Swap Arrivals. When a swapper sends out a swap, he/she is always anxious to make sure it got there on time, and that it was ‘ok’. So, when you get your swap, let the swapper know right away. You can send a message to the list if you would like, describing your gift,and showing us a picture!
4. You need to also add a picture to the proper photo album at hittygirls at yahoogroups. It must be labeled "from--to--" on the picture, and the name of the swap. If you fail to do this, your swap will not be added to the swap page. Even if I know who you are from your email, I will no longer add the picture unless it is labled properly. It's always a good idea to take a picture of the swap you made before you send it, so it can be added by you to the album if your swap partner does not.
5. Ask Questions! If you do not completely understand the swap requirements, make sure you ask your Swap Leader for clarification. It is ok to ask on the list, but remember—the Swap Leader has the final say. It is their swap, and they know how they wanted it run.
|Swap Policies for the
Hittygirls Swap Leaderss
First, let’s define what the Swap Leader is—this is a person who has asked or been asked to run a Hittygirls' sponsored swap. This is not someone who asks to run their own private swaps. Private swaps are allowed and encouraged. They do not fall under Hittygirls policies, although they are expected to follow them. Your Hittygirls Owner and Moderators have no responsibility for private swaps. Private Swaps may be up on hittygirls.com, but are always separate from the sponsored swaps.
If you want to run one of our official swaps, then you must agree to all of the rules listed below. If you do not agree with them, you will not be considered for a Swap Leader.
1. When you ask or are asked to be a Swap Leader, you will be given the general idea for the swap. You can then formulate your ideas as to deadlines, how the swap should run, etc. These ideas will be sent to the Mods and approved. We may make no suggestions, or we may make suggestions based on our vast swap experiences. We try to keep this as fun and free as possible, and are open to suggestions and changes.
8. Remember to notify your swappers that addresses can be found in the Swappers Names Database.
Question: What if someone fails to send out a swap on
time, but contacts me and explains, and says it will be done within the
Question: Why do I need to run the ideas past the Mods
if I am the Swap Leader?